Friday, May 29, 2009

A present from VP

I've been away for a couple of days, helping my mother with her garden. She'd fallen against a chair and cracked a rib, so I was more than happy to give her a hand planting up her newly landscaped garden (more about that if she ever sends me the before and after pictures).
My mother lives across the road from my younger sister, who had supervised the hard landscaping, so what with spending time with family, admiring the new paving, eating huge barbecues, enjoying the glorious weather and digging, I'm a bit behind with things in my own backyard, not to mention the blogging.
However, I thought you'd like to see the gorgeous zantedeschia that VP gave me when she came to stay. It might also give you a bit of an insight into the way my mind works - or rather, doesn't work - when I'm in the garden.
VP's present was Zantedeschia 'Picasso', a beautiful creamy-white variety of calla lily with a purple spathe and spotted leaves. It came in a lovely green pot with a mulch of purple slate, so it was a very elegant addition indeed. It would look lovely on the table...


It would look just as attractive next to my watering can...


It would look fabulous next to the frog pond...


Or indeed the big pond...


And wonderful on the step outside the patio doors, where I could look at it every day, rain or shine...


So where will I put it? Oh, good grief, I can't decide. But wasn't it clever of VP to give me something that would look so good anywhere in the garden?