Thursday, July 10, 2008

Arte y Pico? Surely some mistake...



Mrs Be at Carrots and Kids has awarded me the Arte y Pico award. I'm amazed and delighted - I'm sure it's thoroughly undeserved. What's even more flattering is the fact that I rather admire Mrs Be and her ability to run an allotment, bring up five kids AND write a blog.

Here's the 5 rules bit for this award (which I copied faithfully from Mrs Be):

1. Choose 5 blogs you consider deserving of this award for their creativity, design, interesting material, and contribution to the blogging community, regardless of the language.

2. Each award should have the name of the author and a link to his/her blog to be visited by everyone.

3. Each award winner should show the award and put the name and link to the blog that presented him/her with the award.

4. The award winner and the one who has given the award should show the Arte y Pico blog so everyone will know the origin of this award. Translated, it means "the peak of art."

5. Show these rules.

Now here's the tricky bit. I have to find five peope whose blog is considered worthy of the accolade "Peak of Art". This is more difficult than it sounds, because so many of the blogs I like have already received it. And trying to check whether the other ones I like have already received it (but just don't happen to be displaying the logo) is going to a, fry my brain and b, take me all year. So here's my choice. And if they already happen to have this award, well, they're obviously doubly fabulous.

First, to Benjamin Vogt at The Deep Middle whose posts have provided my brain with an aerobic work-out. I don't think I've thought so hard about anything since Metaphysics II.

Two, Kate at The Manic Gardener for combining wit, charm and political passion.

Three, to Garden Monkey for giving me some of the best laugh-out-loud moments I've had since I started blogging.

Four, to Zoe at Garden Hopping for knowing much more than me about both blogging and gardening, but not making a huge deal about it.

Five, to VP at Veg Plotting, for services to singing. She seems to know a bit about gardening too.